To setup Connect to AD, you will need
- Connect to AD license
- UKG service account with valid permissions (provided by UKG)
- Active Directory account with valid permissions (provided by your internal IT department)
- Existing employees on UKG
After gathering the above, you may now start with the setup of Connect to AD.
After defining a new environment, you will need to setup the connections to both UKG and Active Directory.
All new environments are disabled by default. You must enable and schedule the environment before any employees are synchronized with Active Directory.
Do not enable an environment until you have reviewed the Link, Filter and Provision rules. Rules determine the behavior of Connect to AD and if not configured correctly it may result in unexpected results.
Setting up the Environment
Connect to AD will work with either a single domain or multiple domains that exist within a forest.
An environment can be set up to target the root of a domain or a container within the domain.
If you intend to target multiple domains within a forest, you will need to set up an environment for each domain.
Connect to AD provides you with the flexibility to define the environments to meet complex use cases.
Here are some examples of environments you can set up.
1. Create an environment to work with the example.com domain
2. Create an environment to work with the test.net domain
3. Set a filter to work exclusively with active employees:
4. Set a filter to work exclusively with terminated employees:
5. Create an environment to work with the Users container in the domain example.com:
6. Create an environment to work with the Sales Org Unit in the domain example.com:
7. Create an environment to work with the Accounts org unit in the example.com domain:
The Sync Type is used to determine which employees to include during the syncing process.
A full sync will process all UKG Pro employees and will typically take longer to complete while a changes-only sync will only process recently changed UKG Pro employees and will be completed in less time than a full sync.
We recommend that you initially use a full sync to get all your UKG Pro employees in sync with their matching Active Directory users and then later switch to a changes-only sync for better performance.